American Greetings Entertainment announces new TV broadcasters and international agents for evergreen brands Care Bears™ and Madballs™.
American Greetings Entertainment (AGE), the intellectual property and outbound licensing division of American Greetings, is entering new agency partnerships and TV broadcasters across EMEA and elsewhere to support the Care Bears™ and Madballs™ international businesses. For The Care Bears, this comes on the heels of a milestone 35th anniversary that includes nostalgic capsule collection programs targeting millennials and featuring products from plush and accessories to apparel and home décor.
New Care Bears agency partnerships include:
- Bulldog Licensing for the UK and EIRE
- Sagoo for France, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg
- Mediogen in Israel
- TEAM! Licensing in Germany
These new agencies join IMG Asia who came on board late last year and have ignited the Care Bears brand with compelling kids and lifestyle programs in Japan, South Korea, Southeast Asia and mainland China. One such program just launched in Japan at the trend-setting retailer, Plaza with more than 130 SKU’s of apparel, toys, cosmetics, novelty and smartphone accessories and more.
In addition to new agency agreements, The Care Bears are pleased to announce several new broadcast deals:
- Netflix has renewed 26 half-hours of Care Bears “Welcome to Care-a-Lot” globally on its worldwide streaming service.
- KiKA Germany has signed onto 12 half-hours of “Care Bears & Cousins” starting in 2018 as a companion to the “Welcome to Care-a-Lot” series already on air.
- Jetsen Huashi Wangju China has picked up multiple series including Care Bears “Welcome to Care-a-Lot,” “Adventures in Care-a-Lot” and the latest “Care Bears and Cousins.”
Additionally, AGE continues to expand its re-launch of classic 80’s toy and content program for Madballs™, into international territories with new partners for licensing agency representation:
- Sagoo for France, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemburg
- Rocket Licensing for the UK and EIRE
- Starbright Licensing for Italy
- Wild Pumpkin for Australia
Finally in the UK, AGE’s new original series of 15 original, animated Madballs shorts will begin airing on POP-TV later this month.